Opened in 2018, Gekko started off as many breweries often do: in the garden shed. With the help of the local community and thirsty beer-drinkers across the Côte d'Azur, the brewers were able to expand and develop their production in just a couple of years to become one of the biggest and tastiest in the region.
Gekko's selection of crafts are varied enough to satisfy all beer drinkers, from newbies to geeks. Their permanent selection includes :
- Juice Comme Ça NEIPA : my personal favorite ! Hazy, Mosaic, Citra, can't ask for much more really.
- Slingshot DIPA : Juice's brother, stronger (8%) and more sumptuous !
- 7 Poètes rye IPA : calling all west coast lovers !
- Summer Breeze Belgian blonde : a classic without the ABV.
- Oat Resistance oatmeal stout : chocolate and oats ! Oats ! Oats !
After a couple of beers Paul put us straight to work, chopping peppers and occasionally flipping chicken wings on the barbie. Very hard work indeed.
My first barbecue of the year could not have gone any better : juicy cheeseburgers, a fresh pint of Slingshot straight from the fermenter and excellent company.